Can ye believe its the middle of the summer already? Our August issue is packed full of things to do, and the very best of Scotland – plus some great interviews to read when the weather turns!
- The great lady of tennis Judy Murray is in our spotlight seat to talk about the future of the Scottish game
- We’ve also got an exclusive interview with Bear Grylls on his Scottish Survival Academy – not for the faint hearted
- The Clipperton Project explores an island with a gruesome past
- Cameron McNeish discovers the incredible exploits that won Will Copestake the accolade of Adventurer of the Year
- Actress, poet, singer, director and playwright, Gerda Stevenson, is certainly a Jane of all Trades!
- The best alternative haunts in Edinburgh to escape the bustling Fringe!
- Polly Pullar shows us round the island of Eigg, unsung beauty of the Inner Hebrides
- Coral reefs, octopus, multicoloured fish and anemones, and all right here on our own seabed!
- This month’s “Focus” is on the sights and tastes of Arran – and how you could WIN a holiday break there
- Garry Fraser follows the refurbishment of a derelict Fife farm into Scotland’s newest most exciting distillery, Kingsbarns
- There are loads of events to suit every taste in our “Around Scotland”
- Meet the new director of the Edinburgh Festival and hear his vision for the future
- Our pick of the best events at the Fringe
- Jim Crumley relives his first, tense encounter with a wild beaver
- John Buchan’s famous story The Thirty-Nine Steps still resonates with audiences a century on
- Drystane Dyking – it’s more challenging than it looks as Gayle Anderson finds out
- Stephen Roberts explores the disastrous union between Mary, Queen of Scots and Lord Darnley
- An organic Benromach is the dram under inspection for Euan Duguid in this month’s Slàinte Mhath. Do you agree with his findings? WIN a bottle and find out!
- We explore the distinct Bollywood touch at this year’s Edinburgh Tattoo
- Ronnie Browne looks back at the career highlights of The Corries
- The best Scottish books available, and how you can win our book of the month!
- Take a Hike: Nick Drainey heads to Ben Ledi – and you can join him on our next Scots Mag hike
- Alex Corlett is on his bike for an exhilarating ride through Glen Clova and Prosen
- Amazing discoveries and wonderful flavours from Carina’s kitchen (as always) in a Kitchen Garden Summer Pudding
- The booming (and not to mention delicious) business of the Scottish chocolatier