Our August Issue 2015
Can ye believe its the middle of the summer already? Our August issue is packed full of things to do, and the very best of Scotland – plus some great interviews to read when the weather turns!
- The great lady of tennis Judy Murray is in our spotlight seat to talk about the future of the Scottish game
- We’ve also got an exclusive interview with Bear Grylls on his Scottish Survival Academy – not for the faint hearted
- The Clipperton Project explores an island with a gruesome past
- Cameron McNeish discovers the incredible exploits that won Will Copestake the accolade of Adventurer of the Year
- Actress, poet, singer, director and playwright, Gerda Stevenson, is certainly a Jane of all Trades!
- The best alternative haunts in Edinburgh to escape the bustling Fringe!
- Polly Pullar shows us round the island of Eigg, unsung beauty of the Inner Hebrides
- Coral reefs, octopus, multicoloured fish and anemones, and all right here on our own seabed!
- This month’s “Focus” is on the sights and tastes of Arran – and how you could WIN a holiday break there
- Garry Fraser follows the refurbishment of a derelict Fife farm into Scotland’s newest most exciting distillery, Kingsbarns
- There are loads of events to suit every taste in our “Around Scotland”
- Meet the new director of the Edinburgh Festival and hear his vision for the future
- Our pick of the best events at the Fringe
- Jim Crumley relives his first, tense encounter with a wild beaver
- John Buchan’s famous story The Thirty-Nine Steps still resonates with audiences a century on
- Drystane Dyking – it’s more challenging than it looks as Gayle Anderson finds out
- Stephen Roberts explores the disastrous union between Mary, Queen of Scots and Lord Darnley
- An organic Benromach is the dram under inspection for Euan Duguid in this month’s Slàinte Mhath. Do you agree with his findings? WIN a bottle and find out!
- We explore the distinct Bollywood touch at this year’s Edinburgh Tattoo
- Ronnie Browne looks back at the career highlights of The Corries
- The best Scottish books available, and how you can win our book of the month!
- Take a Hike: Nick Drainey heads to Ben Ledi – and you can join him on our next Scots Mag hike
- Alex Corlett is on his bike for an exhilarating ride through Glen Clova and Prosen
- Amazing discoveries and wonderful flavours from Carina’s kitchen (as always) in a Kitchen Garden Summer Pudding
- The booming (and not to mention delicious) business of the Scottish chocolatier
The August issue of The Scots Magazine is in shops now, and available through subscription.
There are loads of ways to get it digitally to your smartphone or tablet, too, just visit the app store, get a digital subscription here or on the Readly app store.