Opera Highlights Returns
- Sept 20 - Eastwood Park Theatre, Giffnock
- Sept 22 - Gaiety Theatre, Ayr
- Sept 25 - Craigmonie Centre, Drumnadrochit
- Sept 27 - Wick High School, Wick
- Sept 30 - Town Hall, Forres
- Oct 2 - Macphail Centre, Ullapool
- Oct 4 - An Lanntair, Stornoway
- Oct 6 - Aros Centre, Portree
- Oct 9 - Memorial Hall, Lanark
- Oct 11 - Victoria Hall, Helensburgh
- Oct 13 - Gardyne Theatre, Dundee
- Oct 16 - Inverurie Town Hall, Inverurie
- Oct 18, Mearns Academy, Laurencekirk
- Oct 20 - Perth Theatre
- Oct 23 - Theatre Royal, Dumfries
- Oct 25 - The Brunton, Musselburgh
- Oct 27 - The Byre Theatre, St Andrews
Scottish Opera returns for another amazing Autumn Opera Highlights Tour across Scotland
Four brilliant singers and a pianist are bringing an engaging, live opera to 17 venues across the country.
Join them as they press ‘play’ on some of opera’s greatest hits, as well as some lesser-known gems.
Director Daisy Evans’ Opera Highlights features an operatic playlist from much-loved and in contrast lesser-known composers. It has been curated by Scottish Opera’s Head of Music, Derek Clark, and also includes favourites from Mozart’s The Magic Flute and Donizetti’s L’Elisir d’amore.
As well as the classics, the programme also includes a new work from Scottish Opera Composer in Residence, Samuel Bordoli.
Through music and song, the four singers weave together a tale of one person’s discovery of opera. There’s something for everyone from seasoned fans to opera first timers. Opera Highlights promises a night of entertainment, laughter and good company.
“Touring Scotland has been at the heart of what we do for over 30 years.” said Scottish Opera’s General Director, Alex Reedijk. “Opera Highlights is the perfect show to take to smaller and more remote communities around the country as it truly has something for everyone.
“This combination of wonderful music from across the world of opera, terrific voices and a creative staging by Daisy Evans will ensure that our audiences will have an enjoyable night out!”
Click here for tickets
Don’t forget to check back here, too,
because we’ll have behind-the-scenes
blogs from the cast and crew coming soon!