Our January Issue 2015
And we’re into our 2016 issues already! How time does fly…
We have great plans for content this year, and our January issue gets us off to a cracking start with star interviews, a new gear guide, and all your favourite features of Scotland’s past, present and future
- Discover the softer side of on-screen baddie Peter Mullan in our star interview
- Comedian Jo Caulfield talks to us of her love of Leith
- Sir Chris Hoy swaps two wheels for four and settles into family life
- Shetland fiddler, Chris Stout, speaks to us about Celtic Connections and why he’s still involved after 11 years.
- Looking back at the life of Fife-born ballerina Moira Shearer and her red shoes
- Culinary seaweed guru Fiona Bird introduces us to the veggie alternative
- Shetland’s Winter fire festival Up Helly Aa is something to behold
- The Edinburgh restaurant that breaks with tradition this Burns’ night.
- We speak to the duo behind Scottish Opera’s latest production, The Devil Inside
- Celtic Connections – here’s the five gigs that are not to be missed!
- Jim Crumley says we were once wildlife too in his incredible 100th nature feature for us
- Euan Duguid gets ready for the Spirit of Speyside! WIN!
- A Scottish voice in the abdication crisis of 1936
- The cold (and rather strange) tradition of the loony dook!
- FOCUS ON: Edinburgh, and all that our capital has to offer WIN!
- The legacy of our national bard lives on in the Mitchell Library
- Polly Pullar focuses on conservation west of Loch Ness to save the red squirrel
- Discover eco-friendly living – it’s easier than you think
- Cameron McNeish explores Scotland’s Grahams and Donalds
- The very best of what’s on around Scotland in the coming month
- The pensioners who built a pub in their back garden!
- Find the best of Scottish fact and fiction on our bookshelf
- Take the Strathpeffer route with our On Your Bike feature … or walk around the Fife Coastal Path with Take A Hike
- Check out the first in our series of Gear Guides – outdoor equipment put to the test
- The glory of Glenshee’s ski-runs in the sunshine WIN!
- Keep warm indoors with Carina’s food for the elements.
Have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year from all the Scots Mag team.