And we’re into our 2016 issues already! How time does fly…
We have great plans for content this year, and our January issue gets us off to a cracking start with star interviews, a new gear guide, and all your favourite features of Scotland’s past, present and future
- Discover the softer side of on-screen baddie Peter Mullan in our star interview
- Comedian Jo Caulfield talks to us of her love of Leith
- Sir Chris Hoy swaps two wheels for four and settles into family life
- Shetland fiddler, Chris Stout, speaks to us about Celtic Connections and why he’s still involved after 11 years.
- Looking back at the life of Fife-born ballerina Moira Shearer and her red shoes
- Culinary seaweed guru Fiona Bird introduces us to the veggie alternative
- Shetland’s Winter fire festival Up Helly Aa is something to behold
- The Edinburgh restaurant that breaks with tradition this Burns’ night.
- We speak to the duo behind Scottish Opera’s latest production, The Devil Inside
- Celtic Connections – here’s the five gigs that are not to be missed!
- Jim Crumley says we were once wildlife too in his incredible 100th nature feature for us
- Euan Duguid gets ready for the Spirit of Speyside! WIN!
- A Scottish voice in the abdication crisis of 1936
- The cold (and rather strange) tradition of the loony dook!
- FOCUS ON: Edinburgh, and all that our capital has to offer WIN!
- The legacy of our national bard lives on in the Mitchell Library
- Polly Pullar focuses on conservation west of Loch Ness to save the red squirrel
- Discover eco-friendly living – it’s easier than you think
- Cameron McNeish explores Scotland’s Grahams and Donalds
- The very best of what’s on around Scotland in the coming month
- The pensioners who built a pub in their back garden!
- Find the best of Scottish fact and fiction on our bookshelf
- Take the Strathpeffer route with our On Your Bike feature … or walk around the Fife Coastal Path with Take A Hike
- Check out the first in our series of Gear Guides – outdoor equipment put to the test
- The glory of Glenshee’s ski-runs in the sunshine WIN!
- Keep warm indoors with Carina’s food for the elements.
Have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year from all the Scots Mag team.