Traditional Shortbread Recipe
Enjoy this tried and tested shortbread recipe, handed down through the generations. A tasty, home-made gift!
- 250 grams butter
- 125 grams caster sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 250 grams plain flour
- 125 grams cornflour/rice flour or a mixture of both
- Caster Sugar
- Cream together butter, sugar and salt until white and fluffy.
- Sieve flours and gradually add to creamed butter and sugar until all combined.
- Knead well on a surface dusted with cornflour.
- Roll out to approx ¼ inch, cut out and place shortbread fingers on
lightly-greased oven tray.
- Use a wooden skewer or cocktail stick to make the decorative marks
on the top of each finger.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 170°C for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with caster sugar and transfer to a cooling tray.
For more traditional recipes, click here.