Seekers of wonder and amazement will be spellbound this summer when Edinburgh International Magic Festival celebrates its seventh magical year from July 1-8.
For one week, Edinburgh will sparkle with an enchanting programme of world-class magic events, unforgettable performances, and jaw-dropping stunts from some of the world’s greatest illusionists, mindreaders and magicians.
“This year we have our biggest line-up to date,” said Kevin McMahon, Artistic Director of MagicFest.
“There’s also the launch of MagicFair, free entry for under 7s, and the addition of a matinee performance at the Gala Show, allowing us to share magic and its top stars with more people than ever before. And watch out for surprises around the city, too!”
- Three day MagicFair at Summerhall – a brand new multi-space experience with family events and late night sessions
- MagicFest Gala at the Festival Theatre
- Magic School & Workshops
- Secret Room at Lauriston Castle with three of Scotland’s finest magicians
- Magic à la Carte Dinner at Tigerlily
- Grand Prix World Magic Champion Hector Mancha joining the MagicFest line-up
- The legendary Juan Tamariz (‘El Maestro’) performing live for the first time in Scotland
- Show premieres from Kevin Quantum, Colin Cloud (as seen on Michael McIntyre’s Comedy Roadshow), BBC’s R. Paul Wilson, and debut performances at the Festival from Vincent Gambini and David Gerard
- City centre Magic Hunt for children and adults
- FREE magic performances at Krispy Kreme stores in the run up to the Festival
For more information, and to book tickets, click here