- 50ml Beefeater London dry gin
- 50ml pink grapefruit juice
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 25ml egg white
- Add to a container, cover and shake vigorously.
- Add ice cubes so the container is two thirds full, cover and shake for roughly 15 seconds.
- Sieve the contents into a glass (to remove ice shards) then top with soda.
Aberdeen chef Craig Russell loves to be innovative with ingredients…
This month’s recipe in The Scots Magazine is for Gin & Lemon Scottish Salmon by Craig Russell the head chef at The Spiritualist, Aberdeen.
And you’re in for an extra treat! The Spiritualist recommends pairing this dish with their fruity Pink Grapefruit Gin Fizz cocktail, the recipe for which we share below.
The cocktail replaces the usual lemon juice with pink grapefruit which adds an interesting complexity to the drink and helps to bring out the botanicals of the gin. The slightly bitter and sweet taste cleanses the palette and primes the taste buds for the smokey salmon. The pinkish hue sits pleasantly alongside the colours of the dish for an attractive pairing.
See more recipes here and discover a new one each month in The Scots Magazine