- 4 eggs
- 210g caster sugar
- 210g pistachio nuts
- 130ml olive oil
- 100g butter
- 3 oranges, zest and juice
- 1tsp rose water
- 50g polenta
- 75g ground almonds
- 1tsp baking powder
- 75g flour
For the icing
- 200g icing sugar
- One or two drops of red food colouring
- One or two drops of rose water
- Enough cold water to bind
- Edible rose petals, pistachios and pomegranate seeds for decoration
For the icing
- 60g unsalted butter, softened
- 60g icing sugar
- 120g full fat cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Start by beating together eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Melt together butter and olive oil.
- Slowly mix in the butter, oil, orange juice and zest to the egg and sugar mixture
- Blitz the polenta, pistachio nuts, ground almonds, flour and baking powder to a fine crumb, then gently fold into the egg mixture.
- Add to a lined cake tin and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Mix the icing and drizzle over the cake.
- Decorate with rose petals and pomegranate seeds.
Try this lovely fresh pistachio and rose water cake…
Star chef, Carina Contini, shares with us this delicious, seasonal Pistachio And Rose Water Cake.
A refreshing way to start spring baking.
Induldge and enjoy !
Carina Contini is Owner of Contini George Street, Edinburgh; Cannonball Restaurant & Bar, Castlehill, Edinburgh; and The Scottish Cafe & Restaurant – located at the gardens entrance of the Scottish National Gallery, Edinburgh.
Find out more at www.contini.com
See more of Carina’s recipes for us here and discover a new one each month in The Scots Magazine