Smokey Ol’ Tom – Official World Whisky Day Cocktail
- 50 ml Tomintoul 10
- 25ml lime juice
- 2 tspn sugar syrup
- 4 springs of rosemary
- Ice cubes
- Pour the whisky, lime juice and sugar syrup into a cocktail shaker or mixing cup
- Add two sprigs of rosemary and muddle gently
- Add ice and stir for 20 seconds
- Using a blow torch, char a sprig of rosemary until it begins to smoulder
- Place a rocks glass over the smoldering rosemary to collect the smoke
- Turn the glass over and quickly add fresh ice
- Double strain the cocktail into the glass
- Garnish with a sprig of rosemary
Create this whisky cocktail at home!
Iain Forteith, global ambassador for Angus & Dundee distillers has created a brand-new whisky cocktail for World Whisky Day.
Watch the video below for his walk-through tutorial.
Post your finished cocktail on social media with the hashtag #WorldWhiskyDay to let us know how you got on!