All Community Posts

Community

News & Views October 13, 2014

Dennis The Menace Takes Over St Pancras Station Not many people know this but we share an office with none other than Dennis the Menace, which means we can all […]

Community

News & Views 6 October 2014

Sweet Success! Cake-baker extraordinaire Sonnda Catto has risen to the Scottish Baking Awards 2014 challenge by winning the title of Scotland’s Best Baker from Home 2014. “Sonnda’s ability to marry […]

Community

News & Views – September 24

Ryder Cup 2014 Celebrations Last night, September 24, Scotland celebrated The Ryder Cup 2014 with flashes of colour across the country – The Kelpies turned gold in honour of the […]

Community

Take A Hike… to Ben Lomond

The fourth Scots Magazine hike took place on September 13 on Ben Lomond, amidst glorious sunshine. There were 31 walkers on our hike of 2014, of varying ages and levels […]

Community

News & Views

Pump It Up! Located in the Carn Daimh forest near Tomintoul, the BikeGlenlivet centre and its trails have already proved a great attraction for families as well as experienced riders, […]

Authors

Val Smith

Contributor biography Val Smith was formerly a journalist, and is now a freelance writer and PR. “I love the variety of my work,” Val says, “I write features about people, places […]

Authors

Polly Pullar

I was fortunate to spend a formative part of my childhood in Ardnamurchan, a place that has proved hugely influential and fuelled my adoration of the natural world, and awareness […]

Authors

Paul Cockburn

Born and bred in Edinburgh, I chose to cross the great “salt ‘n’ sauce/salt ‘n’ vinegar divide” at the age of 25, and ended up living and working in Glasgow. […]

Authors

Nick Drainey

Tramping my way around the hills, glens and coastline of Scotland, I have developed a love for the rich diversity of the country’s landscape. Taking the plunge to write about the […]

Authors

Lorraine Wilson

A former editor of The Scots Magazine, I started my career in the deep mists of time as a writer on teenage magazines such as Jackie. Now a writer, author, […]

Find a Stockist

Enter your postcode below (with a space) and click "Find" to search for your local stockist.